Honda Power Equipment announced today that Rental Equipment Register (RER) magazine has named the Honda HSS1332ATD snow blower as a recipient of the prestigious 2015 Innovative Product Award. The all-new, dual-stage HSS1332ATD model, selected by a panel of industry judges as displaying innovation in rental industry products, was named the winner in the magazine’s lawn and garden equipment category.
The RER Innovative Product Award was established in 2003 to honor excellence in new product development in the equipment rental industry. The 2015 award showcases the most innovative products introduced to the marketplace between August 1, 2014 and July 31, 2015 and recognizes the talent and commitment of the people involved in every aspect of development, from concept through sales.
In July 2015, Honda Power Equipment introduced its all-new HSS Series of premium snow blowers for North American and European markets. Among these new models is the two-stage HSS1332ATD snow blower, designed with an emphasis on quality, reliability, and ease of use delivering superior performance and enhanced control and handling for both residential and commercial users. The all-new HSS1332ATD model is equipped with dramatic enhancements:
• Finger Tip Steering Control , conveniently located hand lever controls allows for easy maneuvering, and disengagement of transmission for easy movement when not powered
• Hydrostatic Transmission (HST) , far superior than traditional disk drive; provides single-lever variable speed control when operating in forward or reverse
• Joystick Electric Chute Control , single joystick control (4-directions) provides precision
control of chute rotation and discharge angle; directly powered by the engine’s charge coil; no battery required
• DC Electric Start , no extension cord necessary; easy starting with the on-board battery, which is automatically charged by the engine
• Auger Protection System with Indicator Light , The Honda auger shear bolt guard detects high torque levels when auger is locked and immediately shuts off the auger and the engine, protecting the snow blower. An indicator light on the hour meter alerts the operator when the system is triggered
• Auger Height Lever , adjustable gas strut to raise/lower and position the entire auger housing precisely, providing prefect ground clearance over gravel or non-smooth surfaces
• Blower Diameter Increased , for increased snow removal speed and discharge distance
• Chamfered Scraper Bar , design allows for edge of scraper to hit snow and ice patches flush and evenly for improved snow clearing to the pavement
• LED Headlight , integrated into cover for improved night visibility; greater power efficiency, and an extremely longer life when compared to halogen technology
• Oil Drain location , improved for easier access
• Hour Meter , monitors hours of operation
• Precision Deflector Chute , double-articulated deflector improves distance accuracy control
• Impeller Shield , optimized to more efficiently direct snow into the blower
• Reversible Skid Shoes , increased durability, offering twice the wear surface
‘Snow removal is a tough job, and Honda engineers developed the all-new HSS Series snow blowers with an eye on both the residential customer and the commercial operator,’ said Scott Conner, senior vice president, Honda Power Equipment. ‘Honda has incorporated a number of advanced features into the design of our new HSS models to put more power behind the job of blowing snow resulting in enhanced performance and ease of use. The HSS1332ATD meets the rigorous needs of our rental customers while providing greater value, and Honda is honored to receive the RER Innovative Product Award for 2015.”
At the heart of every Honda snow blower is a world-renowned, easy-starting engine that delivers smooth, quiet, reliable 4-stroke power and low emission levels. The new HSS1332A model is powered by the Honda GX390 overhead valve (OHV) engine, featuring an advanced combustion chamber design, variable ignition timing, and an increased compression ratio all working to ensure a high level of durability and reliability, increased power output, and fuel efficiency. In addition, the new HSS1332ATD incorporates an on-board battery for electric start capability.
The all-new HSS1332ATD snow blower is manufactured domestically at Honda Power Equipment Mfg., Inc. (HPE) in Swepsonville, NC, using domestic and globally sourced parts, allowing for increased flexibility to meet customer demand. Honda R&D Americas, Inc. in North Carolina and Honda R&D Co., Ltd., in Japan collaborated to design and develop the all-new HSS snow blowers, integrating a host of innovative design elements that contribute to simplicity of operation, superior snow removal and exceptional quality ”all with a central focus on performance that delivers.Equipped with a standard three-year warranty for residential and commercial use, the HSS1332ATD snow blower meets all current Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and California Air Resources Board (CARB) emission standards and is available nationally through Honda Power Equipment dealers.
Honda Power Equipment, a division of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., markets a complete range of outdoor power equipment, including outboard marine engines, general purpose engines, generators, lawnmowers, pumps, snow blowers, tillers and trimmers for commercial, rental and residential applications. Its comprehensive product line consists exclusively of 4-stroke engines.
Information for media regarding Honda products is available at www.hondanews.com.
Consumer information, including model overviews and updates, video clips, and complete specifications regarding Honda products, is available at www.honda.com, www.powerequipment.honda.com, www.hondaengines.com, and www.hondamarine.com.